£30,000 – £35,000
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trading and Pricing Analyst to join our client’s team.
For this role you will be responsible for the creation, development, and operations of quantitative models to support the gas and electricity supply businesses, primarily relating to demand forecasting, pricing and trading.
Problem Solving and decision making is vital in this role therefore you must have a strong analytical and problem-solving ability and must be able to identify and implement potential opportunities for improvement via advanced analysis.
You will be required to complete tasks such as data manipulation and creating and modifying demand forecasting and pricing models to keep up to date with industry regulations and processes.
This role has plenty of variety which means you will be actively performing a number of different tasks, which will require the ability to manage your own workload effectively.
For this role you must have good experience with Microsoft Excel, handling lots of data and being able to draw conclusions from results by writing complex formula if required.
- Proactive approach to creating models and data analysis supporting the gas and electricity supply business.
- Development and improvement of demand forecasting and pricing models as business dynamics change.
- Present results in a variety of formats depending on audience.
- Be responsible for the data analysis for the energy supply business.
- Be required to create models to support the business and have the ability to develop these as the business grows and evolves.
- A numerical/analytical degree would be beneficial however not essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Desire to continuously strengthen understanding of energy issues.
- Works productively and supportively with colleagues and team members.
- Focused and driven.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous energy experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
What we offer you as a Trading and Pricing Analyst:
- Growing business which in turn offers many career development opportunities to you.
- Our team has a strong culture of teamwork and everyone is happy to take on additional challenges, this allows us to offer you a varied workload.
- 22 days basic leave (plus 8 bank holidays)
- A pension plan where the Group will match your contributions up to 6%
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Critical care cover
- 1 wellness day per year alongside an Employee Assistance Program.
If you are interested in this role and feel you have the right skills, experience and attributes please contact 0161 641 1312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org