SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
£50,000 – £60,000 per annum plus £5k bonus / £4k van rest.
Our client is an award winning and gold standard Audio-Visual business who is a provider of installation and maintenance, working on several projects across the globe.
The company is looking to grow and is now looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their team and must be confident in managing large complex projects and overseeing smaller installations.
You must have proven experience in Project Management or Senior Engineering within Audio Visual Industry.
The right candidate must be a great communicator who understands the importance of reporting by updating to their team and isn’t scared to provide clarity on projects that need improvement reviews or team praise.
The role needs a real team player who can empathise and motivate on site teams, but also needs to set deadlines for the work to be completed. A real problem solver but enjoys their work and builds their positivity with the team around them.
Ensure project team delivers installations on time and within budget.
Provides supervision alongside team to help define, plan and implement project installations for their customers.
Attends site surveys and production of detailed site survey report that supports Installation and labour plans.
Works closely with and builds good working relationships with the client or main contractor whilst creating clear and achievable project timelines and milestones.
Attends site for kick off meetings with Installations team and thereafter as required in order to effectively deliver a project.
Seeks client feedback to continually improve the Company’s service delivery and customer experience using company’s survey tools.
Clearly communicates and obtains any client required information/documentation required for project completion.
Be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Be the single point of contact and controls for each project assigned to you.
Attends handover meetings with the internal Sales team and take ownership of assigned projects thereafter.
Create and Manage the project budget, monitoring variations and changes to the initial project scope together with identifying potential problems and devising contingency plans.
Builds Bill of Materials and requests stock for projects from the Purchasing team to ensure that the correct equipment and consumables are ordered for each project and adjusted as necessary.
Communicates project progress to the Projects team and produces progress reports, which includes a weekly project report.
Maintains effective channels of communication with Sales, Project Teams and Sub Contractors throughout projects, ensuring they are up to date with the project lifecycle.
Takes ownership for addressing any issues or challenges faced throughout the project lifecyle of an installation. Recording of project snags and managing their suitable resolutions.
Ensures all project invoicing is up to date and correct.
Ensure all companies documentation for Installation is completed and approved.
Ensure customer training and O & M packs are created and delivered to the customer to companies desired standards.
Ensures all projects are signed off as completed by the client or their representative.
Ensures that all those within the assigned Project Team comply with the Company’s installation methodology, quality standards and associated Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Ensures the internal project folder is kept up to date.
Ensure that all documentation is present for handover to company’s service department post project close.
Attend and contribute to post close project reviews.
- Proven experience in Project Management or Senior Engineering within Audio Visual Industry.
- Experience of building relationships and managing client relationships.
- Product and relevant understanding of Audio +Visual equipment including Video conferencing, control systems, DSP’s, general audio, displays and video walls.
- Has used drawing packages ideally CAD or Stardraw to create system schematics and designs. Also able to read & scale floor plans and working drawings.
- Has ideally an installations background and be able to forecast labour requirements.
- Knowledge of Networks & Network architecture.
- Experience in MS Project/ Gant Charts or other PM Software and processes.
- Has people management experience of a small team is desirable.
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
- Valid CSCS Card (or Equivalent).
- Minimum GSCE Maths and English at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Foundation Certificate in Health and Safety or equivalent.
- CTS (or equivalent)
- Prince2 qualification
- Emergency First Aid Training certificate
If this sounds like you – Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 641 1312 for more information.