Senior WordPress Developer
£35,000 – £45,000 per annum
Our client is an independent and award-winning agency, with a long track record of producing exceptional solutions for clients. They work with some of the UK’s largest companies, as well as dynamic growing businesses across a range of sectors, applying a unique blend of creative and strategic thinking. With an exciting, thriving and professional culture, the team really is at the top of their game.
We’re looking for a great web developer to join their amazing team in Cheshire. If this sounds like you, this is your opportunity to become a key part of a creative, hard-working and successful agency.
You’ll have the chance to thrive in a varied, exciting role, which spans all aspects of digital development, with the opportunity to support a huge diversity of clients – from market-leading household names to smaller niche organisations.
In this role you’d be working in the Digital Development Team, as well as reporting to the Head of Development. Your role would encompass developing diverse, digital projects from concept to completion, as well as supporting your wider team on more complex projects. This role would ideally suit an individual who can think both logically and creatively, in order to produce high-quality work that stands the test of time.
As well as working with your own team, you’d be collaborating with the in-house Design team and Account Management teams, to foster the company ethos of mutual support and learning. If you’re inspired by the latest technologies and a challenge sparks your interest, this role will be perfect for you.
As a Front-end Developer, day-to-day duties of this role typically include:
- Creating logical, but cutting-edge solutions for a varied range of client briefs, and delivering world-class digital websites
- Assisting your colleagues, both in development and wider teams, with client pitches, where you’ll help by solving client requirements with digital solutions
- Being involved with internal and external meetings, sharing ideas, solutions and concepts with clients and co-workers alike
- Collaborating with the in-house design team to combine your digital skills with creative designs and formats, to produce original, unique websites with excellent functionality
- Keen interest in (and awareness of) developments and advances in digital industries which touch upon your work
- Contributing to the progression, adaptability and success of the business
- Proven experience of working within an agency, with a history or portfolio of work that demonstrates your knowledge and understanding of website development
- Working knowledge of PHP, MySQL, WordPress is essential, and bonus points for working knowledge of Laravel & version control (Git)
- They build WordPress sites from the ground up. You will need to have the ability and understanding to be able to plan and build your own custom post types, flexible template components and bespoke WordPress plug-ins. A good knowledge of utilising WordPress’ hooks, actions and filters is a must.
- With their projects, they’re often digitising business processes, which often includes integrating 3rd party systems into website builds. You will have a proven experience of working with APIs and integrating with other digital platforms.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and adapt according to priorities
Most importantly, you’ll have a real enthusiasm and passion for digital development and a commitment to delivering outstanding results for clients!
If this all still sounds like you – we’d love to hear from you.
And in return?
Our client believes in investing in their people. You’ll become a vital and integral part of an already-successful and fast-growing agency, proud to have an amazing, close-knit culture. In addition, a key focus is continuous improvement – which means that you’ll be given the training, varied challenges and opportunities for growth that will help develop your skills and career.
Benefits: Flexible working and agile working hours (ideal for those with childcare or other commitments), pension, life insurance plan, NHS Healthcare cash plan & a versatile and exciting company rewards scheme
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0161 641 1312 to discuss the position in more detail.