Service Desk Manager
£25,000 – £29,000 per annum
Working as the Help desk Manager, you will be pivotal to the business by ensuring systems run smoothly and support is offered to colleagues and third parties where required.
You will be supporting the company’s infrastructure by providing efficient support to all business users. Diagnosing and resolving any IT-related issues quickly and efficiently.
You will also act as the main point of contact for 3rd party system providers, ensuring defects are logged and new releases are tested as per company policy. You will also be responsible for release management. We are eager to hire a Help desk Manager who is a goal-oriented self-starter and who will take ownership of the position.
The Help desk Manger will be responsible for building the team, ensuring all aspects of the help desk are managed effectively and will be a crucial part of our ongoing success.
What you will do
- Acting as the first point of contact for support calls
- Responsible for the triage of service desk calls received including correct prioritisation and allocation
- Aiding the resolve of support issues or escalating the to the relevant 3rd party
- Maintaining responsibility for the end-to-end life-cycle of a service desk call from initial receipt through to resolution and closure
- Maintaining 3rd party defect management systems
- You will proactively monitor technical platforms and applications to identify early warning signs before user stability is affected
- Assist with the set and maintenance of user accounts, emails and logins for PFP and third party systems
What you will have
- Demonstrable experience of working in a busy service desk role providing initial contact to a wide range of people with different abilities and levels of seniority.
- Ability to effectively communicate solutions to customer problems, via different methods of communication.
- Exceptional customer service skills – a demonstrable track record of providing a friendly, ‘can-do’ approach to resolving issues.
- Proficiency in using a range of commonly used IT applications such as office applications, JIRA and CRMs
- Logging and managing tickets in a Ticket based Service Desk
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment
- Able to manage workload and prioritise effectively
- Self-motivated and willing to contribute outside direct areas of responsibility
- Able to work as part as a team or individually
- Tactful and diplomatic, able to influence people
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
What we offer you:
- Growing business which in turn offers many career development opportunities to you.
- 22 days basic leave increasing to 24 days (plus 8 bank holidays)
- A pension plan where the Group will match your contributions up to 6%
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- Critical care cover.
- 1 wellness day per year alongside an Employee Assistance Program.
If you are interested and feel you have the right skills, experience and attributes, please contact 0161 641 1312 or email your CV to email@example.com